*BE SCENE 2021*
Saturday, July 10th at 7:30pm on Schenectady Civic Players’ main stage!
Be Scene is Back!
Co-Producers: Colleen Lovett and David Rook
Is there a scene you’ve always wanted to do? Do you have a friend you’ve been dying to do a show with? Well, here’s your chance! Perform anything you want, with anyone you want in the Schenectady Civic Players’ “Be Scene 2021” on Saturday July 10th, 2021.
SCP and the Be Scene 2021 co-producers will be guided by appropriate Covid rules, guidelines, and precautions. Bring your mask. Get vaccinated.
*What is Be Scene?*
– A night of scenes, acting, friends, and fun!
– It’s simple; get a group together or go solo. Choose a scene or a monologue and submit it to email@example.com for consideration. (Preference will be given to scenes this year to give as many people possible an opportunity to be on the boards.)
– A scene selection committee will be reviewing all submissions and creating a program based on time and variety.
– The contact people for selected scenes will be notified by phone or email, please indicate your preferred contact method when submitting scenes.
*2021 Schedule (note the additional mandatory date)*:
ONE Tech/Dress for all participants on Friday, July 9th at 7:00pm.
Performance on Saturday, July 10thth at 7:30PM (Call is 6:30PM)
*Here are the rules*:
– Groups may consist of one actor performing a monologue or multiple individuals with or without a director. (Preference is going to scenes this year.)
– Submitted scenes should be *no more than 8-10 minutes* in length. This limitation is critical. Please mind the maximum length.
– Set pieces will be very limited. We?re thinking a few four legged chairs, an end table, and a coffee table.
– Props must be managed and carried by actors.
– Space will be limited and not all scenes may be selected.
– All participants will be responsible for their own rehearsals and production needs. Set, lights, sound and costumes should be kept to a minimum; ideally, pieces will focus on the actors and their work.
– Original works will be considered.
– At this time musical numbers will not be accepted.
Submissions should be sent no later than Sunday, June 6th, 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
*We anticipate a number of submissions. Submissions received prior to the deadline will be given priority in selection process.*
*Submissions should include (extra credit for complete submissions):
* Submitter Name, Email, and Phone:
* Is submitter the primary contact? (Yes or No) If no, Name, Email and Phone of primary contact.
* Name of Piece:
* Author of Piece:
* A PDF of Piece:
* Estimated Duration of Piece:
* Number of Actors:
* Names of Actors and Roles:
* If applicable, Name of Director:
* Desired Set Pieces (We are keeping this to some very basic pieces some four legged chairs, an end table, and coffee table):
* Desired Props (example: phone, glassware, etc.) (bring your own):
You may be requested to show a rough run of your work prior to selection.
Selected Scenes will be notified by email once the final program has been chosen. We expect to select pieces by Thursday, June 10th.
The running order for the final program will be determined closer to the performance night at the discretion of SCP and the co-producers.
The performance will be Saturday, July 10th at 7:30pm and open to the general public as a Pay-What-You-Will evening.
We hope to have a post-performance social event. We will be guided by all rules applicable to Covid precautions.
Don’t miss this special event at SCP. Have fun with your friends and celebrate the community aspect of Community Theater!
If you’re interested in participating but don’t have a scene partner simply let us know, provide your information and if enough participants are interested, we will make an introduction.