Bennington Community Theater
Auditions for VOICES FROM THE GRAVE
June 12, 11 am–3 pm and June 13, 1 pm–4 pm
at Bennington Performing Arts Center, 331 Main Street in Bennington, VT
No preparation or appointment needed.
For more information, call 802-447-0564 or firstname.lastname@example.org
BCT’s first post-pandemic production, VOICES FROM THE GRAVE, will be performed outside, at the beautiful First Church Cemetery in Old Bennington!
Performance dates are September 25 from 10 am–5 pm, and September 26 from Noon–5 pm, with rain dates the following weekend, October 2 and 3. Actors will be portraying an array of fascinating people who rest in the old burial ground. Each performer, dressed in period costume, will bring to life an historical character with a four-minute monologue, delivered every half-hour to groups of 10 visitors being guided through the cemetery.
- There are roles for 5 women and 8 men, in ages ranging from early 20s to 60+.
- Among the men, there are specific roles for an African American, for someone who can speak some German, and for someone who can play a drum.
- When possible, we will attempt to cast actors who physically resemble the real people they are portraying. However, capturing the characters’ personality is more important than their look.
- Sides from the monologues will be provided.
- We will consider sharing roles.
- Actors will work on their monologues individually with the director (Ingrid Madelayne) a few times over the summer, either in-person or via Zoom, at mutually convenient times and as needed.
- You will also need to be present for a costume consult and a fitting.
- Sometime during the week before the performance, the entire cast must be available for the final dress rehearsal. This will be at the cemetery and will be filmed.