Theater Manager – Associate at the MAJESTIC THEATER – West Springfield, MA
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Majestic Theater is a 229 seat live theater. Since 1997 we have locally produced a five show subscription season, summer children’s theater and concerts. Our non- profit mission is to provide Pioneer Valley (Western MA) based actors, actresses and theater technicians a professional environment in which to perform – the Majestic Theater.
The Associate Theater Manager is a full-time staff person who will work with the
Treasurer, Marketing Director, Box Office Manager, theater Accountant, Production Manager, and Producing Director. This will be a learning position which will hopefully allow this candidate to transition from being the Associate – Theater Manager into becoming the Theater Manager in a year or two.
- Learn all aspects of the operation of the Majestic Theater
- Become comfortable using with the box office systems
- Work with the Treasurer and Accountant on financial matters
- Help manage marketing and fundraising projects
- Coordinate with production staff and assist with producing shows
- Learn about and assist with the management of the Majestic Café
- Understand and facilitate the maintenance of the Majestic buildings
- A professional demeanor and an upbeat attitude
- Willingness to work collaboratively with a diverse group
- Organized and able to assume responsibility
- Comfortable with software technology, including: Word, Excel, Outlook,
- QuickBooks, Zoom, TeamViewer and box office systems
- Education and experiences that would be beneficial based upon the Job
- Reliable transportation
Annual salary: $36,400
Benefits (vacation, sick, personal) available and to be reviewed.
Average 40 hours a week, with nights and weekends