SCHOOL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
Proctors Collaborative is the Capital District’s leading regional arts organization with performing arts venues in Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga, and education, civic engagement, and economic development initiatives throughout the region. The Collaborative School of the Arts is the education wing of the organization, offering a robust series of training programs, classes, and engagement programs in each venue, in schools and throughout the community.
The SCHOOL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR is responsible for the enrollment and fulfillment of the school performances for Proctors, theREP and Universal Preservation Hall (UPH), management of the On-The-Go program, as well as site-based support for after school and summer programs. The SCHOOL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to follow through on multiple projects. Additionally, the SCHOOL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR must possess a working knowledge of school environments, learning standards, Actors Equity rules and a solid understanding of marketing practices, enrollment strategies, skills in Word, and Excel, and ability to develop adaptable program strategies. SCHOOL PROGRAMS COORDINATOR works closely with Education Programs Manager to ensure delivery of all aspects of programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for enrollment strategies in collaboration with marketing staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective schools.
- Manages production and publication of all relevant materials on web and for promotional needs on show-by-show basis.
- Provides seating reports and communicates with house manager and ushers for all show needs, including curtain speeches or the facilitation of educational talkbacks as needed.
- Attends student matinees in all venues, serving as “face” of education to promote excellent school relationships and oversee show day procedures.
- Maintains attendance and venue statistics.
- Facilitates pre-tour logistics and maintains up to date show tour information from school/venues to coordinate with stage manager.
- Communicates regularly with production and artistic personnel to ensure hiring, budgets and tour are meeting deadlines.
- Provides administrative and site-based support for after school programs as needed and in coordination with Education Programs Manager.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, with practical and management experience or administrative experience with a performing arts organization.
- Prior work experience with diverse youth populations of varying racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Creative, energetic, and passionate about the performing arts.
- Broad knowledge of various genres of performing arts.
- Ability to think strategically and follow-through on operations with strict attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
- A passion for arts education.
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Deadline for application: April 15, 2022
Proctors Collaborative is committed to building a workplace that is both creative and progressive. To that end, we seek a broad spectrum of candidates including women, people of color, all cultural backgrounds, and persons with disabilities. We celebrate individual differences, and we strive to treat everyone with fairness and respect.
Proctors Collaborative does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans’ status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.