Fort Salem Theater seeks two early-career theater professionals as co-directors for Summer 2022 production of The Wizard of Oz: School Edition, presented through the Salem Lunch, Learn & Play Program.
Are you interested in co-directing a full-scale musical production, featuring students entering 7th-12 grades, alongside a talented team of theater professionals? Co-directors must be enrolled in a theater-, music-, or dance-related college program, have a related degree, or a history of relevant arts experience.
This program is structured as a weekly camp, running Mondays-Fridays from 12PM-3PM July 5th through August 5th, culminating in two evening performances on the final day of the program.
- Supporting and co-directing youth summer camp production
- Creating and implementing curriculum (warmups, theater games etc.) for rehearsals
- Maintaining a safe and organized learning environment for participants and guests
- Working with the production team to cast production, source costumes/props/scenery, stage production/blocking and other production-related needs
- Leading daily rehearsals and activities to engage campers and ensuring that the production remains on schedule
- Supporting the staff and students on production days
- Communicating with students and parents about attendance and performance details
Co-directors receive a $1000 stipend at the completion of the program.
To apply, send a brief letter of introduction and a resume to Kyle@FortSalem.com no later than Friday, April 19. For more information about the camp program, visit https://www.fortsalem.com/the-wizard-of-oz-youth-edition.