The Patron Services Manager leads Fort Salem Theater (FST) and Fort Salem Studio’s patron services, overseeing all front-line (box office and front of house volunteers) interactions between FST and its patrons. The PSM ensures a positive customer service experience for each patron and a welcoming environment for audiences of diverse backgrounds, range of theater-going experience, age and ability. This is a part time position with occasional remote working opportunities, but in-person requirements for public events. This position reports to the Executive and Artistic Director.
- Fulfill ticketing orders via phone, mail, email, and in person.
- Train and supervise box office volunteers in processing orders through OvationTix (no previous experience necessary).
- Process comp ticket requests from artists and staff.
- Maintain FST’s ticketing system through OvationTix, including setting up and ensuring the accuracy of productions, packages, pricing, and patron records.
- Run bi-weekly ticketing reports.
- Assist performing arts students and families with enrollment and billing assistance through Studio Director (no experience necessary).
- Manage venue calendar.
Front of House:
- Schedule and supervise all FOH operations (volunteer ushers, concessions, etc).
- Manage office supply and concessions item ordering.
Supervision & Collaboration:
- Supervise all front of house and box office volunteers
- Basic cleanup and trash removal before or after public events.
Knowledge and Essential Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, including leading people of a variety of backgrounds, ages, and experience levels
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with good cheer
- Computer savvy, with general understanding of Mac computer systems, Google Drive, Microsoft, smartphones and other basic technology accessories.
Candidate should have customer service experience and basic knowledge of (or interest in) theater, arts, or non-profit environment, specifically with experience working with a diverse group of patrons and colleagues.
This is an hourly position, starting at 10-12 hours/week with a starting salary of $17/hour. Hours have reasonable flexibility, but performances are generally held 1-2 weekends per month (Fridays and Saturday at 7:30, Sundays at 2:00). The Patron Service Manager should most frequently serve as the performance box office representative, but has flexibility to train a member of our volunteer committee for select events.
Additional perks include free theater tickets, flexible work location (outside of performance schedule), discounted and/or free Fort Salem Studio classes for you or an immediate family member, access to classroom and studio space as requested.
Please apply to Kyle@FortSalem.com with a resume. Must have reliable transportation.