Auditions are announced for a staged reading of:
A Shayna Maidel, (translated: A Pretty Girl) by Barbara Lebow.
It is the story of two Polish sisters reunited after World War II. The drama plays out primarily in New York City shortly after the end of World War II, but the phantoms of the past are everywhere.
Auditions are to be held at Temple Sinai 509 Broadway Saratoga Springs
From 6.30 to 8.30 on Sunday May 21st.
- Rose Weiss, a pretty girl. Early 20’s
- Mordecai Weiss, her Father, almost 70, very dignified.
- Luisa Weiss Pechenik, Rose’s older sister(late 20’s), another pretty girl
- David Pechenik, Louisa’s husband, early 30’s handsome.
- Hanna: a childhood friend of Luisa’s, late 20’s
- Mama: mother of Rose and Luisa age: 20-50, the original pretty girl.
- The four remaining roles: midwife, mother, daughter and man, are doubled with the preceding roles.
Actors auditioning will read sides from the script.
Please bring a resume and headshot.
Any questions? Please contact Director: Dianne O’Neill at : firstname.lastname@example.org
The performances will be held on Sunday, June 18th, Temple Sinai 509 Broadway Saratoga Springs
Two performances: 3.00 and 7.00
Rehearsals will be held weekday evenings(7.00-9.30)and Sunday afternoons (4.00-7.00)beginning Sunday June 4th.
A Shayna Maidel is presented by the Saratoga Jewish Cultural Festival through a grant provided by the Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York and sponsored by Temple Sinai.