Curtain Call Theatre (Latham, NY) will be holding auditions for
“Be Here Now”
By Deborah Zoe Laufer
Directed by Patricia Bunce
· November 26th and 27th (6:30-8pm)
· Curtain Call Theatre – 1 Jeanne Jugan Lane, Latham, NY 12110
· Rehearsal Begin Early March
· Sunday – Wednesday evenings (4-5 times per week)
· April 18th – May 5, 2024
· Thursday at 7:30 PM, Friday and Saturday at 8:00 PM, & Sunday at 2:00 PM
· Saturday Matinee – 2:00pm – April 27th, 2024
Bari has always been a bit of an angry, depressed and misunderstood misanthrope. After losing her job teaching in New York City, she returns home to work an unfulfilling job at the local fulfillment center in her rural upstate community. Recently, an unexplained illness has resulted in usual and surprising personal consequences for Bari. When her illness is triggered, she finds herself in a state of euphoria. Feeling joy like never before, she falls in love. Once it’s discovered that her illness is life-threatening and if left untreated she could die, Bari is faced with a difficult decision. Does she refuse treatment and continue to enjoy her new life, or does she get treatment and possibly return to her life of misery. This existential dilemma has Baril questioning the meaning of life through a more personal and less academic lens.
Available Roles –
Bari – Female Identifying – 40’s-60’s
· A depressed, misunderstood misanthrope who undergoes a radical transformation.
Patty Cooper – Female Identifying – (Same age as Bari)
· Loud and controlling but good hearted. Has never left her hometown of East Cooperville
Luanne Cooper – Female Identifying – 20’s
· Patty’s niece. Very simple and sweet.
Mike Cooper – Male Identifying – 40’s-60’s
· Patty’s cousin. Mike is a sensitive and private artist who makes his living creating pieces of artwork out of found objects he finds in the trash. He has a crow.
For more information about the theatre and the rest of our season please visit our website at www.curtaincalltheatre.com or call 518-877-7529.