Albany Civic Theater is currently soliciting submissions from directors for their 2022-2023 Season. We are seeking directors for 4 main stage shows running three weekends each in September 2022, November 2022, February 2023 and May 2023.
Albany Civic is seeking both dramatic and comedic plays. The committee wishes to find balance in the season with cutting edge new published works and classic revivals, and a season that provides a combination of artistic risks and commercial success. Please take into account the physical constraints of our space.
All submissions should include your current resume of directing experience. Each submission should also include a description of the play, any unique interpretations you will bring to the production, and a list of production team members who have committed to your project.
Please note – we strongly recommend that you submit paper or electronic copies of the plays submitted but we will accept physical copies of plays.
Directors should answer the following questions with their submission:
1) Special tech/costuming considerations.
2) What can you as director bring to this play?
3) Why would this show appeal to an audience, and what type of audience?
4) Please state which of the time slots you are interested in (September, November, February, May).
For submissions through mail, here is what you need to do:
1. Put your submission in a clean manila envelope
2. Mail a copy of the script of each submission for up to three selections to:
Albany Civic Theater
attn: Evan Jones – Artistic Director
235 Second Avenue
Albany, NY 12209
3. Include your name, address, email address and phone number on your résumé.
4. Enter your submissions by Friday, December 8, 2021.
Submissions will be chosen by a committee and approved by the board of directors. No one on the selection committee may submit their own personal proposals. Please include any other information that you deem necessary in your proposal.
If you prefer, you may deliver your submissions in person to the theater. There is a mail slot located to the left of the entrance doors.
For submissions through email, please: submit via email to EPJones1234@gmail.com
We look forward to receiving your submissions and beginning the selection process! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Evan Jones, Artistic Director at EPJones1234@gmail.com