GREENFIELD, MA– Silverthorne Theater Company presents the second in its 2022 Theater Thursdays Play Reading Series play. PORT OF ENTRY, by Talya Kingston, directed by Amy Brentano, on Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 7:30 p.m at the LAVA Center, 324 Main Street, Greenfield, MA.
About the play: It’s a regular day in the back office of a small New England International airport. TSA agent Hank is orienting newbie Chloe in her new job and Jana has just arrived on a flight from the Middle East to start her new semester of graduate school. The problem is that overnight a new law has come into effect – commonly known as “The Muslim Ban” – and it’s up to these gatekeepers to enforce it. A play that asks the questions: who is protecting our country? And who are they protecting it from?
The reading is offered free and open to the public. Registration is required because of limited space and may be made at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/port-of-entry-tickets-302153438067
Following the reading, audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions and give feedback to the playwright
Directed by Amy Brentano, a strong cast of local actors are performing.
Theater Thursdays is supported in part by a grant from the Bernardston, Buckland, Colrain, Conway, Deerfield, Greenfield, Northfield, and Shelburne Cultural Councils, local agencies which are supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.
- Everyone who attends a Silverthorne event at the LAVA Center must show proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (at least 2 weeks past 2nd shot of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or 2 weeks past single shot of J&J vaccine).
- “Proof of vaccination” consists of a CDC vaccination card or a clear, legible copy or photo of a card.
- Results from a negative COVID test will NOT be accepted for entry.
- Please bring a state or federal ID in addition to your vaccination card.
- All attendees will be required to wear face coverings while in the building, regardless of vaccination status.
- Children under the age of 12, who can’t be vaccinated yet, may attend, but they must wear a mask at all times and show a negative test taken within the past 72 hours.
- The LAVA Center is equipped with HEPA air purifiers.
For more information, please visit our website: